Scrum Talk Daily - # 11
Scrum Events # 1 - The Sprint
First, let's cover the basics of Scrum Events. (Did you know that the word "Ceremony" has never once appeared in the Scrum Guide since Scrum's inception?)
1. are a formal opportunity to inspect and adapt Scrum artifacts
2. specifically designed to enable transparency
3. minimize the need for meetings not defined in Scrum
The Sprint is the container for all other Scrum events. All the work necessary to achieve the Product Goal, including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective, happen within Sprints (more on these later).
1. are where the work necessary to achieve the product goal happens
2. have a sprint goal for a useable increment that adheres to a "Definition of Done"
3. have a fixed length of one month or less
A Sprint can be canceled if the Sprint Goal becomes obsolete and only the Product Owner can cancel a sprint.
Are your Scrum Events referred to as "Ceremonies"? How has this affected the teams perception of these events?
#scrum #agile #developer #gamedev #indiedev
#gamedevelopment #scrummaster #productowner
#scrumteams #dailyscrum #scrumevents
Excerpts used under CC license - https://bit.ly/38a3Osy